Thank you to our photographer Allie, of AvaK Photography, for giving us the details on her Troll Easter Basket DIY!
I am admittedly one of those hopeless "Pinterest Fail" kind of moms. I try so hard, but my creations never turn out how the photos look on the websites. I challenged myself this year to make my little "Ava Poppy" her very own Trolls inspired Easter Basket. I saw photo after photo of them across my timeline, and wanted to at least say I tried!
It was so easy the "Hot Mess Household" could do it, so I know you can too! With just a few dollars and 10 minutes, we made it happen! I had the help of my 5 year old and her Gigi. This is all we did!
1 Dollar Store Easter Basket
3 Crafting Flowers
Scrap blue ribbon for hair tie (get ribbon here at The Hair Bow Company)
1 roll THBC Tulle (get tulle here at The Hair Bow Company)
- Measure your tulle out to determine how tall you would like your tulle troll hair to be.
- Cut cardboard to the size of the length of your troll's hair height.
- Wrap your tulle around your cardboard. I used an entire roll of THBC Tulle. Cut one end of tulle straight across the top.
- Tie each string of tulle around the top of handle. I double tied. (You can knot it like I did, or loop it like when you make a tutu, your choice!)
- Once all tulle is tied on handle, gather the tulle up where you would like to start her hair tie. I secured it using just a rubber hair tie.
- Trim the top of Poppy's hair to ensure there are no stray's. And clean up any loose ties at the basket loops.
- I tied a small blue piece of ribbon and dotted it with super glue to cover the hair band.
- Add blue flowers or your choice of embellishments. (You can make it your own!)
- ADD YOUR FAVORITE GOODIES AND THBC BOWS AND BLING!!!
- Happy Hunting!!!
Tulle and Ribbon for this project are available at The Hair Bow Company.
You can find tulle here.
You can find ribbon here.